- Are you grieving the loss of a loved one?
- Are you in a major life transition and are having trouble moving forward?
- Do you feel a sense of loss but not sure why?
- Have you always felt sad or brokenhearted?
There are over 40 different kinds of losses we can experience and find resolution from. Here are just a few:
Financial change (increase or decrease in wealth)
Loss of health
End of Addiction
Other disappointments in life
What is Grief?
- Grief is the normal and natural reaction to a significant emotional loss of any kind.
- Grief is the conflicting feelings caused by the end of, or change in, a familiar pattern of behavior.
- Grief is the feeling of reaching out for someone who has always been there, only to find when you need them again, they are no longer there.
Typical Responses Associated with Grief
- Reduced concentration
- A sense of numbness
- Disrupted sleeping patterns
- Changed eating habits
- Roller coaster of emotional energy
Some intangible examples of Grief
- Loss of Trust
- Loss of Safety
- Loss of Control
- Loss of Faith
- Loss of Fertility
- There are no absolutes in Grief. There are no reactions so universal that all, or even most, people will experience them.
- Grief is normal and natural. It is not a pathological condition or a personality disorder.
- Grief is often mislabeled as ADHD, Depression, PTSD, and many other pathological conditions.
- Sadly, if you misdiagnose, you will mistreat. These mislabeled Grievers are then incorrectly put on various medications, which will get in the way of recovering from loss.
- trust again
- safe again
- in control again
- faith again
- alive again
When I trained to become a Grief Recovery Specialist, we trainees had to go through the complete Grief Recovery Method process. I chose to work on the relationship with my mother which had always been very difficult as I always had a great sense of loss that I was not loved. When my mother died my hopes of her saying that she loved me and/or was proud of me died with her. Grief can be about wishing that the relationship ended differently whether it was a loving and supporting relationship or the opposite. During the Grief Recovery process, I was able to complete and come to terms about our relationship. The experience was profound and freeing.
I offer 7 week one on one Grief Recovery Method programs where you heal the debilitating effects of grief. You will feel like your old self again and able to function with joy and emotional freedom. There will be compassionate listening and no judgement, with some work for you to do between sessions as well. The Grief Recovery Method has provided effective grief recovery for thousands and thousands of people. You deserve to feel good again.