There are many things I love to do in life and one of those at the top of my list is my work. Working with clients and helping them to heal and to reach their goals is one of my greatest joys. I am deeply grateful for all those who have helped me on my journey to be where I am in my career. I wish the same for you that you may also be doing the work you love.
Working for myself means I have to be pretty disciplined with where I put my time and energy. As much as I love my one on one sessions and workshops, the ‘business’ side can be a challenge to me. This ‘work’ never seems to end unless I put up boundaries for myself to create more balance.
I have found that when I give myself time to follow my other interests that I enjoy as well, I end up attracting more clients and wonderful opportunities come knocking at my door.
It’s all about energy and how I feel. The more we tap into our joy, our vibration is automatically lifted higher. We are in a state of flow and good things are attracted to us. For me, it may be singing, dancing, exercising, reading and spending time with family and friends.
What is it that brings you joy, makes you feel great and is in alignment with your creativity? It may be something that you can create a career out of or use as an adjunct to your career. Remember not to judge as you let your heart rule in this exercise and let your imagination soar. Ask yourself some ‘What if” questions such as, “What if I could teach tennis (or whatever is your passion) this way I could get to play more, help others get better at it and enjoy it more AND get paid at the same time! Let your imagination have fun with it.
What brings you joy?
Here are some great questions to ask yourself about what brings you joy from Louise Gale http://louisegale.com/.
Write your answers down, meditate on them with an open mind and heart. Be careful not to judge your answers just let them flow and make it fun, as if you were a kid again.
1. What activities make you feel happy and get you excited?
2. What are the feelings associated with those activities? Remember you can have more than one activity that brings you joy.
3. Which of these activities do you lose track of time with? When we are truly doing what we love, we forget about time. We are in the ‘zone’.
4. Would you do it for free? If you had enough money to live on comfortably for the rest of your life, which of these activities would you choose to spend your time on?
5. What are your favorite things to talk about with others when given the chance? We get excited when we are passionate about something. If you are not sure what that might be, why not ask those around you what you get really passionate about. You might be surprised.
6. Last but not least, if you had a magic wand, and no constraints at all, what would you love to be doing every day that makes you feel great inside? Maybe you are closer than you think!
I’ve always believed that anything is possible. All you have to do is dream it, believe it and put the action steps in to achieve it. Any resistance or procrastination to achieving your goals we just tap on (do EFT, Emotional Freedom Techniques) to move through and release. You are worth achieving your goals and being happy!