When I work with clients regarding weight loss and EFT, we work on clearing all the subconscious blocks they have regarding weight loss. There are all kinds of reasons why people choose to keep or gain unwanted weight and I have found every client I have worked with has a different issue or a combination of them. Unless you clear the underlying negative subconscious beliefs no amount of diets will work. They may work for a while and then if there is some stress in your life, the weight may come back on again. 95% of our lives are run by our subconscious so even though, in your conscious mind you might want to lose weight, if the beliefs in your subconscious do not agree with those in your conscious mind, your subconscious will always win out. Your system just wants you to be safe and for some reason, your subconscious believes that this comfort food helps to relieve the anxiety, and being overweight will keep you safe. This is one of the reasons why weight loss and EFT are such a powerful combination. EFT tapping helps to calm the stress response in the body.
There is a reason and sometimes a combination of reasons why you are holding on to the weight. Ask yourself these questions:
“What’s the upside of keeping the weight on?”
“What’s the downside of taking the weight off?”
If you have held on to this weight for long or if you diet and boomerang the weight back on again, you can be pretty sure there is a subconscious belief going on there. Working with a practitioner experienced in weight loss and EFT may be the way to go for you to heal anything that may be stopping you from achieving your goal.
Here’s some simple practical steps you can do that may help:
1. Make your portions slightly smaller at every meal. So if you have a bowl of cereal in the morning and two pieces of toast. Make the bowl of cereal slightly smaller and maybe only one and a half pieces of toast. Remember to start small as you want to trick your stomach, not starve it, so go slowly in small increments and then build on that.
2. Eat some protein at every meal as it takes your body longer to process protein and you won’t get hungry as quickly.
3. Many people get great results from eating a small breakfast and then a midmorning snack. A small lunch and then another healthy snack mid-afternoon before dinner. This way you are always keeping your energy up and not letting your blood sugar drop. That way you are not so hungry by the time you get to your meal. Remember healthy, low-calorie snacks. Another choice is to eat a bigger meal at lunch so the body has time to digest and a lighter meal later in the evening.
4. Always leave a little on your plate. Don’t feel you have to finish everything on your plate. This was a big one for me as I had to eat everything on my plate as a kid so it took me a while to change that habit. Now I eat everything only if I have room in my stomach or desire it.
5. Really chew and taste your food and ENJOY it. Take your time and try to sit down while eating.
6. Give yourself a little something ‘delicious’ once a day.
7. I know you’ve heard this all before but exercise is important and I’m not talking about anything too rigorous but consistency is good. Try to follow your heart on this one and not just follow blindly what others say or do, every body is different and if you hate it, you won’t continue with it. Perhaps you prefer something slow like yoga or walking or hiking. There are many different classes you can try at all levels but it doesn’t have to be a killer workout for you to see results, remember easily, lovingly, gently, and consistently are keywords for you. What’s great now is that there are so many classes online.
8. When you slip up, NEVER be mad at yourself. Instead give yourself a hug and a pat on your back for trying and keep going. We all slip up at times, the important thing is to be understanding and KEEP going!
9. Get plenty of rest. When you are exhausted and stressed you will eat more!
10. For effective weight loss use EFT and clear all the negative blocks that are trapped in your energy system and in your cells that are keeping you from reaching your ideal weight.
11. Toxicity in your body will help to keep weight on. When you ingest chemicals through foods that have been heavily sprayed with pesticides etc., your body will en-robe the chemical in your fat cells to protect your vital organs. Do a cleanse periodically to cleanse these toxins out of your body.
12. Eat plenty of organic (no pesticides) fruits and veggies, some protein and light healthy snacks.
Eventually it gets into a habit, when you are loving yourself and taking care of yourself. You want to do good things for yourself.
Give yourself walks in the fresh air, take deep breaths, and feel grateful to be alive on this beautiful planet. I am cheering you on that any and all your dreams and desires will be manifested. You are worthy and deserving of love no matter what weight you are right here and right now.
Here is a Tapping Script to help you with Cravings (note we are not using the finger points in this script but we are using the Wrist Point which is where we take our pulse). Remember to rate the cravings between 0 and 10. You want to tap the negative feeling down to a 4 or below before you bring in any positive rounds. Keep repeating the negative rounds until they get lower than a 4. Then you can tap in the positive affirming rounds.
Make sure you start to tap immediately you start to crave something:
KC : (Karate Chop Point: Even though I really, really, really want to eat ……………, and I know I may regret it, I accept myself anyway.
KC: Even though I know that eating………………is going to make me feel better in one way but worse in another, I want it anyway, I need it, I deserve it, it will make me feel better.
KC: Even though I am sick and tired of not being able to control what I eat when I get stressed, I am open to accepting myself , having patience with myself, no matter what.
TH: (Top of the Head): I need it
EB: ( Eye Brow) I really need it
SE (Side of the Eye) I know I will feel better
UE: (Under the Eye): I have to have it
UN: (Under the Nose): I have to have it
CP: (Chin Point): I want it
CB: (Collar Bone Point): It tastes so good
UA: (Under the Arm): It is so crunchy and crisp (put in your own words, your own cravings)
WP: (Wrist Point): So deliciously salty
KC: So delicious
TH: I want it
EB: It will make me feel better
SE: I need the comfort
UE: I need the comfort
UN: It’s just one bag of chips …………….. ( or whatever number, put in your own craving)
CB: I’ll do better tomorrow
UA: I’ll just have one now
WP: I deserve some comfort
KC: I deserve to feel good
TH: No I won’t feel better
EB: I’ll hate myself for eating it
SE: Why do I have these cravings?
UE: I don’t care
UN: I just really want it
CP: I just want it
CB: And I want it now
UA: I need it now
WP: I don’t need it
KC: I just want it
TH: I just want it
EB: Fine, I want it now, what about after?
SE: How will I feel after?
UE: Is it worth it?
UN: That quick fix?
CP: How will I feel about myself after?
CB: Will I feel disgusted with myself?
UA: Will I hate myself?
WP: I’m worth more than that
KC: Maybe I’m worth more than that
TH: What if I could do something kind to myself?
EB: Instead of eating junk?
SE: What else could I do to get more comfort for myself?
UN: What if I could choose to do something kind for myself?
CP: What if I could be kinder to myself?
CB: I am open to that
UA: I am open to being more kind and loving to myself
WP: Love and kindness never hurt anyone
KC: Maybe I could have a soak in the bath? (or whatever you like to do to destress and relax)
TH: What if I could relax just a little bit more?
EB: What if I could be forgiving with myself just a little bit more?
SE: What if I could be softer with myself?
UE: What if I could be gentler with myself?
UN: I am open to that
CP: I am open to being gentler and more compassionate with myself
CB: What if I could feel more calm and relaxed?
UA: What if I could let go of my perfectionist standards a bit?
WP: What if I could do that
KC: What if I could love myself up even more right here, right now?
Yay! You did it! Remember to persevere and don’t give up. It can take time but as with anything, if you put the effort in and be consistent you will see results. I hope this weight loss EFT script was helpful and please email me if you have any questions.